Agenda at Thunder Day 2018
Anyone involved in professional online publishing knows that the way to the internet is connected with fast-paced technical progress. While looking for solutions to current problems, you will also discover topics for the future which you might have no idea how to classify at present. The Thunder Coalition around the Thunder Core Team has developed a CMS which recognizes and covers the needs of professional publishing. But that is not all. Thunder also recognizes problem scenarios and the concerns of media professionals, and knows which technical developments need to be integrated into our strategies. Thanks to the large network of the Thunder Coalition, we have been able to get experts on relevant topics, for example:
- Is Open Source an option for profit-oriented companies? Why is it worthwhile working together?
- What relevance is blockchain developing for media companies? Why should I get involved with it?
- Do I need a system that can do everything or preferably an interconnected system made up of many others?
- Produce independently of whatever channel? Smartphone, Computer, Alexa, WhatsApp, how can I ensure that it has the same functionality anywhere?
- Decoupled/headless – is a Content Management Back-end with a separate Content Publishing Frontend relevant only for high-volume or high variety publishers?
- Revenue sources for media. How can money be earned through the media and beyond advertising?
- Driving engagement with personalization? How can users be retained with personalized content?
Thunder Day 2018 offers a platform for taking apart these questions, gaining experiences and learning from each other.
Stefan Betzold (Bild GmbH), Jan Wachtel (RTL interactive GmbH), Eva-Maria Bauch (G+J Digital Products GmbH), Hans Fink (Burda Studios), Sebastian Waschnick (Axel Springer Ideas Engeneering GmbH), Campbell Vertesi (Microsoft), Timothy Lehnen (Drupal Association) and many more are Speakers of the Thunder Day 2018. Get to know them: